Friday, July 9, 2010

Jonathan's Birthday

THE BIG ONE-THREE!

He's already as tall as I am. And he has a deeper voice. So it's kinda anti-climactic.

At the last minute Jonathan decides he would like a swimming party. With a car-full of kids we head to the pool.


Bathing Beauties

Mary brought her friend Emma for company.

Birthday Boy

Marco Polo!
Just like when I was a kid.

Disturbing Man

The appearance of a street person was a fly in the ointment.
The fellow rattled at the fence like it was a jail cell, insisting we were "old friends"...

Of course the kids were frightened.

You scream
I scream
We all scream
For ice cream


The kids are exhausted. Three hours in the water without a break.

Random:
  • Emma: "I'm going to be an aunt next month."  Girls giggle in the back seat.  "I put my hand on her tummy and felt a kick.  You forget that it's alive before it's born."  Long silence, then girl giggles again.
  • Me: "Emma, is your father re-roofing your house?"  Emma: "We all work up on the roof."
  • All the lifeguards are perfectly flat-chested 16 year old girls, serious and professional
  • Helium balloons flew past high in the sky.  15 minutes later, another batch drift by.
  • A homely young mother splashing with her children was beautiful
  • Jonathan: "How does anyone ever win at Marco Polo?"  Me: "You have to cheat.  Everyone cheats."
  • Looking at Jonathan, I'm looking at 13 year old me, hanging at the pool
  • An old man, swimming laps, rests long and listens to the boys' banter
  • I'm gonna swim every day;  it felt so good

No comments:

Post a Comment