Friday, September 24, 2010

Dancing

At sunset Mary & I walk.

Larry stops and talks hunting -- deer season begins tomorrow.  I notice his truck has camo seats.  Says he doesn't wear orange: "If the hunters can see me I'm more likely to get shot."  He lives to hunt and fish -- expeditions to Africa, to New Zealand, to Russia -- though he can hardly walk from a bum knee.

A hawk swoops overhead, crashes into the ground...



...flies back by with a mouse in one claw.



Tammy and Diana stop and we have to explain why we're staring at an ant bed.  To see what the ants eat, I'm bending down and stealing the seeds from their little hands.

A new girl is exercising a neighbor's horse Hank.


Harley, the Great Dane, is too rambunctious, leaping and barking,  and the girl gives up.



Harley is half the size of Hank.


Jonathan leaves for his class dance, 7th & 8th graders.


Mary & I stay home, watching The Waltons.

No comments:

Post a Comment