Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week in Review

Sunday

Mary & I spend the morning in the woods.  We watch the season slowly change.  She is incredibly observant about plants and animals;  I can bounce ideas off her and depend on her judgement.

It's also something of a routine to bring -- in addition to a nature guide -- one of those free local papers, Buy & Sell.  It gives you a pulse on the community.  We read the funny and odd things aloud, recognize names, etc.

In the evening I walk by myself, collect seeds.  The days have grown hot - 100 - and the humidity is non-existent - 15%.


Monday

Already forgotten.
A single photo reminds that we spotted our stray cat's nemesis through the wiindow.


Tuesday

Before it gets too hot, I go butterfly hunting.  At least this year, butterflies peak as Summer ends.

Mary watches Phantom of the Opera alone; boys can't stand it.

Wednesday



X-Country meet cancelled "due to ozone" (read, hundred degree weather).
Mary needs a newspaper for school assignment, so we drive to town and do some grocery shopping, have fun.



Evening walk alone.
Believe I see a kestrel silhouetted against the sky.



Evening movie: Strictly Ballroom

1 comment: