Saturday, September 25, 2010

Play Date



It's a play date for Mary...


...for excitement I take the girls to the Feed 'n' Seed...


...where they run into friends...


I get into a long conversation with another customer -- here's the part I remember:

"My mom got cancer last year and had to surrender her cat..."

"What's 'surrender' ?"

"She gave it to the animal shelter.  She didn't tell us, she let us think a friend had adopted it.... Anyway, we put mom's obituary in the newspaper last month, and the family gathered around to read it together when it was published,  Well, we're cutting it out of the newspaper to preserve it, and realize there's a photo of mom's cat, it's located like right on the back of mom's obituary!  We recognized it right away.  An animal shelter featured it, wanted it to have a good home.  Of course I call them, so now I have the cat."


At sunset the kids run around the neighborhood while I take dusk photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment