Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Aug 17 2010

Mary has turned her attention to photography, and is doing amazing stuff.  Artsy stuff.

I've begun asking her to record the prosaic as we go about daily chores - the local color, strangers faces, that kind of thing.

So in the grocery checkout line this morning I hand Mary the camera.  She can't help herself from composing abstracts - balloons against the ceiling, skewed close-ups of barcodes -- but she occasionally  snaps a couple of the candid shots like I want.


Jonathan suggests I wear a helmet camera.

Above is Peggy; she's been cashiering as long as I've been buying.  I know about her kids, her ex-, her troubles.

Mmmm, so this is how Jonathan & I look in the grocery checkout line.  I did not know that.



I planted the seed in Jonathan's mind, that being a bag-boy is a great first job.  He trusts his Dad  absolutely, and so now he pays great attention to the bagging process, the boys' demeanor, etc., visualizing himself in that role.  When a bag-boy turns his back, Jonathan will sneak a quick practice!


"I don't mind shopping but I hate loading and putting away."  I hear that every time we walk out of the store.


It must be the gloomy weather, day in & day out, that makes the kids petulant.

Since we're in the big city, we head by the Feed & Seed...


10 FOR $9 !!!


Combination ranching/farming/pet store
And engraver; that's why we're here, to get a tag engraved for the stray cat.


There's a unique aroma to the place, you can't mistake it.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing?! Gee thanks! :)
    But what's wrong with trusting your dad completely? Is there some reason we shouldn't?
    P.S. Don't forget to edit all your previous posts and give me credit on the pictures! Joking...

    ReplyDelete