Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Aug 25 2010

Before I forget:
  • The cat threw up, we feed it too much
  • Playing "16 Candles" with the volume turned to 11.
  • The drive to school, a gray-headed geezer wearing black socks, sandals and a Che t-shirt is taking a stroll.  In keeping with my new strategy of letting no liberal idiocy slide, I intend to stop and confront him on my way back home but he disappeared into one of the million dollar homes.
  • The car in front of me has an ad in the window:  2BFree Bail Bonds (ah, a website)
  • Pulling into the driveway, it's a menagerie.  A black cat pretends to stalk a dappled fawn.  The fawn's mother is getting bolder by the day -- I have to steer around her.  At the top of the hill, turkeys flee my car looking exactly like little velociraptors.  They stampede over the stray cat sleeping under the bird feeder and he wakes up screeching, paddling the air like a cartoon.


View from my seat, deer & turkey.

Pulling up to the house after fetching the kids from school, 2 beautiful butterflies danced around.  I chased them with a camera but captured only this glimpse:


"California Sister" is the match found at FloraLore.


He can't help it.



Before bed: "The Age of Henry VIII: Dissolution of the Monasteries"
In bed: Churchill's "History of the English Speaking Peoples" covering the same period.
Contra admiring historians, it only drives home: "Great men" are loathsome & the State a brutal racket.

2 comments: