Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aug 18 2010


Did I mention that Mary is supposed to be my photo-journalist, but thinks she's an artist?

I had urgent Home Depot needs -- yard lights, dryer vent, weed-eater line -- so we drove to Placerville.  The kids don't "respond" to Home Depot like I do; when I discovered I'd forgotten my shopping list and necessary measurements and that the trip was basically wasted, they gave me the cold treatment.


We wandered around aimlessly, leaving with only some air filters.

The days have been weirdly cool this summer; you can go outside mid-day.
We try to refurbish a barrel for use as a water trough for the deer and varmits.


The rest of the afternoon spent taking 4 different  weed-eaters apart, trying to build 1 good  weeder from the various parts.



A walk at sunset.  Across the lawn, up in an old dead pine, a turkey hen and single surviving chick make an early roust.  Something on the ground must have them spooked.


The limb bends under their weight.  One good bounce and the branch will give way.


Last sight of the day is a small horned owl.  (I've brightened the picture -- it was pretty dark by this time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment